Bison Rooftop Solutions
- Multi-family | Single-family | Mixed-use | Government Facilities | Healthcare
- Bison innovative products allow builders & homeowners to create a stable and level deck on rooftops.
- Bison's products allow rooftop decks to be installed quickly and without damaging expensive roofing systems.
Rooftop Decks: Benefits and Advantages
Rooftop Decks facts
Rooftop decks create valuable living and recreational space for building owners, residents, and clients. Accommodating restaurants, hotels, healthcare facilities, and everything from residential to government buildings, rooftop decks systems offer the design flexibility to create versatile, unique outdoor spaces over any structural surface. The design of multifamily housing buildings are increasingly focusing on providing amenities for the occupants of those buildings.
All rooftops have a common design feature of having slope to direct water movement. Even low-slope roofs are still sloped, while people want to gather on a space that is level. Therefore, a means to create a level surface is needed.
Bison pedestals' advantages
- Bison Innovative Products offer unique and beautiful rooftop decks with independently tested modular pedestal deck system. Bison products allow rooftop decks to be installed quickly and easily.
- The top surface of the deck can be made level by independently adjusting each of the pedestals as needed to offset the roof slope or other irregularities at the point of each pedestal. The adjustability of the pedestals allows the system to be leveled to create a continuous, safe walking surface.
- The cavity space created by the pedestals can be used to allow for electrical wiring, recessed lighting, duct work, and even irrigation. The location of the pedestals is typically follows the size of the material used on the deck surface. Commonly, this is a 2-foot-by-2-foot square module, although many other sizes are possible as well.
Bison rooftop decks' features
The primary purpose of a roof is to maintain a waterproof barrier to weather, meaning that anything covering the roof to create an outdoor space needs to maintain that objective. A roof terrace or deck will need to avoid penetrations that could void a roofing warranty or otherwise create damage to the roof.