Fortress Al13 Home Railing
Fortress Al13 aluminum railings offer quality without compromise. Customize with multiple style options to create the perfect aesthetic for your setting. And pre-attached brackets make installation a breeze.
Get started with the simple steps below to purchase your customized Fortress railing systems.
We strongly recommend following the Fortress Railing installation guides for best results.
Step 1: Select Railing Panel
- Fortress aluminum railing is available in 6’ and 8’ sections.
- Choose from 36”, 42” and 48” heights.
Panel Selection Tips:
- Try to make all railing sections on a row the same size. (For 20 feet of railing, create four 5’ sections with 6’ rails or three approximately 7’ sections with 8’ rails – rather than 6’, 6’, 8’.)
- Railing panel length is measured from the center of the post to the center of the post. Therefore, the actual length of the railing panel is slightly less than 6’ or 8’.
- Check your local building codes to ensure height compliance.
The following requirements apply in Ontario:
- If the deck/porch height is above-grade 5' or more, your handrail should be 42" high (from the deck surface).
- If the deck/porch height is less than 5' above-grade, your handrail should be 36" high (from the deck surface).
- If the deck/porch height is less than 2' above-grade, a railing is not required.
Step 2: Select Post Kits
- Fortress Posts kits are available in 2"x2" and 3"x3" options.
- Posts are available in various heights to accommodate 36", 42" and 48" railing systems.
- Post kits include post base covers (post skirts). Post caps are sold separately.
- Posts can be installed with Proud Post application and Over-The-Post application. For Over-The-Post applications use 2"x2" posts.
Choose Blank or Pre-Attached
Fortress AL13 Home posts
Step 3: Top Rail
- For Accent Top Rails (ATR), use over-the-post (OTP) splices.
- For drink rails, attach with Fortress cap rail clips.
Fortress AL13 Home ATR & splices
Step 4: Final Touches - Fortress Accents
- Strong and durable die-cast aluminum post caps with optional LED lighting system
- Energy efficient LED lighting
- Versatile – use with a variety of deck railing and railing systems
- Use with wood, composite, vinyl, or Fortress™ railing metal posts
- Most Fortress Accents™ components are ETL Listed
- Virtually maintenance-free, backed by a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
Fortress Al13 Home Gate Kit
- 100% rust-roof
- Strong, durable aluminum construction (superior to wood or vinyl)
- Color will not fade
- Highly resistant to dents, bending, and shock damage
Gate selection tips:
- Gate uprights are available in heights of 32.5”, 40” and 44.5”.
- Rail panel and gate hardware sold separately.
- Uprights accommodate custom-sized gates up to 48” wide.
- Use double-gates for wider openings
- Pre-welded panels: Innovative construction provides consistent quality, quick installation, and no picket rattle.
- Pre-attached brackets: Posts with pre-attached brackets decrease installation errors and simplify the ordering process.
- Thin profile: Fortress aluminum railing offers high visibility and a clean look, without compromising quality.
- Flexibility: Choose from multiple top railing and post options for ultimate design flexibility.