Fortress Al13 Plus Commercial & Residential Glass Railing
Traditional glass systems are complicated to order and install. Fortress® has simplified the glass railing industry by developing a simple drop-in solution. Choose from full glass panels or glass balusters. Then, enjoy the view with peace of mind knowing your system is not only beautiful, but is also Fortress strong.
Get started with the simple steps below to purchase your customized Fortress railing systems.
We strongly recommend following the Fortress Railing installation guides for best results.
Step 1: Select Railing Panel
- Fortress aluminum railing is available in 6’ and 8’ sections.
- Choose from 36”and 42” heights.
Panel Selection Tips:
- Try to make all railing sections on a row the same size. (For 20 feet of railing, create four 5’ sections with 6’ rails or three approximately 7’ sections with 8’ rails – rather than 6’, 6’, 8’.)
- Railing panel length is measured from the center of the post to the center of the post. Therefore, the actual length of the railing panel is slightly less than 6'.
- Check your local building codes to ensure height compliance.
The following requirements apply in Ontario:
- If the deck/porch height is above-grade 5' or more, your handrail should be 42" high (from the deck surface).
- If the deck/porch height is less than 5' above-grade, your handrail should be 36" high (from the deck surface).
- If the deck/porch height is less than 2' above-grade, a railing is not required.
Step 2: Select Post Kits
- Fortress Posts kits are available in 3"x3".
- Posts are available in various heights to accommodate 36" and 42" railing systems.
- Post kits include post base covers (post skirts). Post caps are sold separately.
- Posts can be installed with Proud Post application and Over-The-Post application using drink rail option (decking board goes over the top rail and attaches to top rail by Aluminum Cap Rail Clip).
Step 3: Final Touches - Fortress Accents
- Strong and durable die-cast aluminum post caps with optional LED lighting system
- Energy efficient LED lighting
- Versatile – use with a variety of deck railing and railing systems
- Use with wood, composite, vinyl, or Fortress™ railing metal posts
- Most Fortress Accents™ components are ETL Listed
- Virtually maintenance-free, backed by a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
Fortress Al13 Home Gate Kit
- 100% rust-roof
- Strong, durable aluminum construction (superior to wood or vinyl)
- Color will not fade
- Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
Gate selection tips:
- Gate uprights are available in heights of 34” and 40".
- Rail panel and gate hardware sold separately.
- Gate kit allows for up to a 48" opening For use with Gate Kit #2
- Use double-gates for wider openings
- Open your view—it’s clearly a good idea!
- Quicker, easier installation with dropin style glass panel and balusters
- Minimal rail profile for unobstructed views
- Use with wood, composite, vinyl or Fortress® metal railing posts
- Premium powder coat offers long-term, low-maintenance system
- Cost effective and elegant glass railing system eliminates custom cutting of glass panels