Fortress Al13 Home Glass Baluster Railing
Get started with the simple steps below to purchase your customized Fortress railing systems.
We strongly recommend following the Fortress Railing installation guides for best results.
Step 1: Select Railing Panel
- Level glass baluster railing top and bottom rails are available in 6’ sections (actual length 69”).
- Stair glass baluster railing top and bottom rails are available in 6’ sections (actual length 73”).
- The height of the deck railing will be determined by the size of the glass balusters chosen.
- Check your local building codes to ensure height compliance.
Note: Glass baluster railing top and bottom rails must be installed with an Accent Top Rail (ATR) or a drink rail attached with Fortress cap rail clips. (See Step 3)
Step 2: Select Post Kits
- Fortress Posts kits are available in 2"x2" and 3"x3" options.
- Posts are available in various heights to accommodate 36", 42" and 48" railing systems.
- Post kits include post base covers (post skirts). Post caps are sold separately.
- Posts can be installed with Proud Post application and Over-The-Post application.
Choose Blank or Pre-Attached
Fortress aluminum railing posts are available as blank posts and posts with pre-attached brackets.
Pre-attached brackets allow for easy installation, simplified ordering, and consistent quality.
Fortress AL13 Home posts
Step 3: ATR, Splices or Rail clip for drink rail
- For Accent Top Rails (ATR), use over-the-post (OTP) splices.
- For drink rails, attach with Fortress cap rail clips.
Fortress AL13 Home ATR & splices
Step 4: Final Touches - Fortress Accents
- Strong and durable die-cast aluminum post caps with optional LED lighting system
- Energy efficient LED lighting
- Versatile – use with a variety of deck railing and railing systems
- Use with wood, composite, vinyl, or Fortress™ railing metal posts
- Most Fortress Accents™ components are ETL Listed
- Virtually maintenance-free, backed by a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
Fortress Al13 Home Gate Kit
- 100% rust-roof
- Strong, durable aluminum construction (superior to wood or vinyl)
- Color will not fade
- Highly resistant to dents, bending, and shock damage
Gate selection tips:
Gate selection tips:
- Gate uprights are available in heights of 32.5”, 40” and 44.5”.
- Rail panel and gate hardware sold separately.
- Uprights accommodate custom-sized gates up to 48” wide.
- Use double-gates for wider openings
- Simplified installation: Innovative design provides quick and easy installation.
- Clear-view aesthetic: Minimal rail profile for unobstructed view.
- Flexible design: Works with wood, composite, vinyl, or Fortress posts.
- Low maintenance: Premium powder coat creates long-term, low-maintenance railing systems.
- Standard sizing: Eliminates custom cutting of glass balusters.