TREX Protect Tape
- Trex Protect Joist & Beam Tape can be applied to horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Trex Protect Tape has two widths making it convenient to apply to double beams and joists. Use 2” Joist Tape for joists and 4” mm Beam Tape on all double beams.
- For best results, the Trex Protect Tape should be installed when temperatures are 50˚F or greater.
- If installing in cold weather or when joists are wet, staple Trex Protect to hold it in place while attaching the deck boards. The tape will seal when the product warms above 40˚F.
- When pulling deck boards onto the deck, a piece of plywood can be used to overhang the edge of the deck. This will prevent the product from rolling up and pulling up from the joist.
STEP 1: Clean the joist surface making sure it is dry and free of any debris.
STEP 2: Cut the membrane to the desired length and remove tape backing.
STEP 3: Apply tape to any surface that can hold water: all joists, rim joists, bearers, and ledger board.