TREX Signature Railing
Follow the simple steps below to purchase your TREX Signature railing deck supplies.
NOTE: We strongly recommend following TREX Railing installation guides for best results.
Step 1: Rail Kits & Rail Panels
Choose your color
- TREX Signature railing is available in three distinct powder-coated finishes: Charcoal Black, Classic White, and Bronze.
Determining the number of sections
- TREX Signature railing is available in 4', 6' and 8' sections.
- Make a drawing of your deck and determine how many TREX Signature rail sections you will need.
- Try to make all railing sections on a row the same size.
- Section length is measured from the center of the post to the center of the post. Therefore, the actual size of 4', 6' or 8' sections will be slightly less than four, six, or eight feet.
TREX Signature Welded panel Specifications
- TREX Signature railing welded panels are 42" in height.
- Available in TREX’s Signature Charcoal Black.
- Available in square baluster style only.
- Panels do not include hardware and brackets; installation requires TREX Signature Posts with pre-attached brackets (see Step 2).
TREX Signature Railing Kit Specifications
- TREX Signature railing kits are available in 36" and 42" heights.
- Available in three distinct powder-coated finishes.
- Available in both square and round baluster styles.
- Deck railing kits include all hardware and brackets.
- Should be installed using TREX blank posts (see Step 2).
TREX Signature Rail Kits & Rail Panels
Step 1: Post Kits
- TREX Signature Post Kits are sold with Post Caps and Skirts, except for in-line posts.
- Use Signature posts with pre-attached brackets for installation of TREX Signature welded panels.
- Use Signature Blank posts when installing railing with TREX Signature Rail Kits.
- For design purposes, you may install the TREX Signature railing with TREX Transcend Post Kits.
TREX Signature Railing with Transcend Post Kits
- TREX Transcend Post Sleeves, Caps, & Skirts are sold separately.
- When you select post kits for TREX Transcend Railing, you can choose 4"x4" posts or 6"x6" posts. 6"x6" post sleeves are available only in White.
- Please note that these are post sleeves and must be installed over 4x4 lumber posts or TREX Post surface mounts.
- For a clean, seamless look, choose TREX post sleeves, caps, and skirt deck supplies of the same color.
- Below are TREX Transcend post kits in two separate sections with 4"x4" and 6"x6" options.
TREX Transcend Post Sleeves, Post Caps & Post Skirt
Step 3: Brackets & Parts
Will you need brackets?
- If you have chosen the Signature welded rail panel but are installing with Signature Blank Posts (not recommended), you will need brackets.
- Signature rail kits contain all the necessary brackets to install a single railing section on the blank post. When you cut the railing section to assemble two or more sections due to the deck layout, you will need an extra bracket kit for each additional railing section.
- Signature Cocktail Rail Bracket - select this bracket if you install a decking board as a top rail.
TREX Signature Railing Brackets & Parts
Step 4: Final touch - TREX Lighting
- For best results, choose TREX lighting fixtures that are the same color as your TREX Post Kit.
- Note that TREX lighting operates on DC power. NEVER mix AC and DC fixtures on the same circuit. Doing so will result in premature fixture failure and is not covered by the TREX limited warranty.
- You must use a TREX transformer on all TREX lighting installations.
- Install wiring and splitters before installing decking and railing.
- Use male-to-male connection wire (lengths vary) to connect to each required splitter.
- DO NOT run wires between deck boards and joists. Wiring must travel under the deck and behind the risers.
TREX Signature Rail Lighting
TREX Signature Gate Kits
- Available in three distinct powder-coated finishes: Black, Bronze, and White.
- Welded panel features your choice of square or round aluminum balusters.
- Adjustable up to 48" wide. (Trim the panel to the size you need and slide the posts on.)
- Installs perfectly with the TREX Gate Hardware Kit (Sold Separately).
Order Railing in 5 Simple Steps
- TREX Signature railing is available in 3 distinct powder-coated finishes:
- Charcoal Black, Classic White, and Bronze
- TREX Signature railing is available in 4’, 6’, and 8’ sections.
- Check local building codes to ensure compliance.
- Select the railings and kits you desire to create your custom TREX railing.
- See the tabs above for more details on specific deck supplies.
- Enhance your deck with TREX lighting and a TREX gate for the ultimate outdoor oasis.