Fortress Fe26 H-series Railing
Get started with the simple steps below to purchase your customized Fortress cable railing systems.
We strongly recommend following the Fortress Railing installation guides for best results.
Step 1: Select Railing panel
- Fortress cable railing is available in 6’ and 8’ sections (actual lengths 69.5” and 93.5”).
- Two posts styles are available to create 42”-height cable railings (See Step 2).
- I-support is not included in the railing panel kit and is optional for installation.
Panel Selection Tips:
- Try to make all railing sections on a row the same size. (For 20 feet of railing, create four 5’ sections with 6’ rails or three approximately 7’ sections with 8’ rails – rather than 6’, 6’, 8’.)
- Check your local building codes to ensure height compliance.
- Fortress Fe26 H-series railing considered as claimable and restricted by Ontario and some other jurisdictions.
The following requirements apply in Ontario:
- If the deck/porch height is above-grade 5' or more, your handrail should be 42" high (from the deck surface).
- If the deck/porch height is less than 5' above-grade, your handrail should be 36" high (from the deck surface).
- If the deck/porch height is less than 2' above-grade, a railing is not required.
Fortress FE26 H-series Cable Railing
Step 2: Select Post Kits
- Fortress Fe26 posts are available in Blank Sand only.
- Fortress Fe26 Posts kits are 3"x3".
- Posts are available in two heights:
- Face mount post kits include post base covers (post skirts). Post caps are sold separately.
- Post brackets are sold separately.
Fortress FE26 Posts
Step 3: Top Rail
Fortress Fe26 Railing panel must be installed with an Accent Top Rail (ATR) or a drink rail attached with Fortress Fe26 Clips.
Fortress FE26 ATR & Drink Rail
Step 4: Final Touches - Fortress Accents
Put the finishing touches on your deck railings with brilliant Fortress accents. Attractive post caps and post base covers complete the look. Waterproof LED light kits enhance any style. And a unique built-in thermal management system features a power supply option with timer and dimmer to make lighting efficient and convenient. Find everything you need to complete your railing system, right here.
- Strong and durable die-cast aluminum post caps with optional LED lighting system
- Energy efficient LED lighting
- Versatile – use with a variety of deck railing and railing systems
- Use with wood, composite, vinyl, or Fortress™ railing metal posts
- Most Fortress Accents™ components are ETL Listed
- Virtually maintenance-free, backed by a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Innovative construction: Patented bracket system, hidden cable fasteners, and easy-to-modify panel lengths.
- Easy installation: Pre-assembled cables make installation a breeze.
- Fortress protection: Shield-coated with advanced automotive coating process for ultimate corrosion resistance.
- Fortress strong: 316 marine-grade stainless steel cable railing and components
- Versatile: Works with wood or Fortress steel posts for both level & stair applications.
- Attractive: Available in premium Black Sand finish and engineered to withstand the elements, for attractive cable railing, season after season.