Simpson Strong-Tire BCS Post Cap
Select Coating Material
Simpson Strong-Tire BCS Post Cap is designed to connect a multi-ply member beam to a post. The dimensions of this post cap accommodate the narrower width of multiple 2x members on top of the post. The BCS provides both lateral and uplift support and features double-shear nailing that distributes the load through two points for optimal strength.
The BCS allows for the connection of (2) 2x’s to a 4x post or (3) 2x’s to a 6x post. Double-shear nailing between beam and post gives added strength. The BC series offers dual purpose post cap/base for light cap or base connections.
- Opposing flanges provide increased lateral resistance
- Double-shear nailing for optimal strength
- Sized specifically for multi-2x widths
- 18 gauge
- Galvanized, ZMAX® coating, or stainless steel; see Corrosion Information
- Do not install bolts into pilot holes
- Install dome nails on beam; drive nails at an angle through the beam into the post below to achieve the table loads
$8.90 - $14.79
Dimensions & Specifications